Machine Learning is (or should be) a core component of any marketing program now, especially in digital marketing campaigns. The following insightful quote by Dan Olley (EVP of Product Development and CTO at Elsevier) sums up the urgency and criticality of the situation: “If CIOs invested in machine learning three years ago, they would have wasted their money. But if they wait another three years, they will never catch up.” This statement also applies to CMOs.
To illustrate and to motivate these emerging and growing developments in marketing, we list here some of the top Machine Learning trends that we see:
- Hyper-personalization (SegOne context-driven marketing)
- Real-time sentiment analysis and response (social customer care)
- Behavioral analytics (predictive and prescriptive)
- Conversational chatbots (using NLG: Natural Language Generation)
- Agile analytics (DataOps)
- Influencer marketing (amplification of your message to specific audiences)
- Journey Sciences (using graph and linked data modeling)
- Context-based customer engagement through IoT (knowing the knowable via ubiquitous sensors)
You can read more details about each of these developments in my MapR blog.
And check out the many excellent resources and consulting services (in Big Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Machine Intelligence) at Booz Allen Hamilton, to help all of your data-driven campaigns make big moves and move forward more effectively.